The purpose of adding or creating a shortcut icon or web app launcher to the main screen of a smartphone is to make it easier to open websites that we visit frequently, without having to re-enter the website URL address in the browser.
The shortcut is a quick way to open a program or application. Shortcuts are usually placed on the main screen and are in the form of icons, while the icon is an image as a feature of a program or application.
In order to create a desired website icon link we can use a browser that supports such as the Google Chrome browser. The tutorial here, the author is using the google chrome browser on Android, here is the tutorial:
1. For example, the author would like to create a start icon link for the website https://inwepo.co. Please open the Google Chrome browser.
2. Touch Menu: in the right corner.
3. Then select the “Add to start screen” menu.
4. You will see an “Add to Home Screen” pop-up, then enter the name that will appear as a shortcut icon on your smartphone screen. For example Inwepo.
5. Now you can open the Inwepo site without having to re-enter it in your browser, just touch the Inwepo icon on your smartphone screen. This method can also be used to create other website links.