JSMedia – Talking about Google Drive, this platform will make it easy for you to save, download and upload files easily. Unfortunately, not all users understand how to upload a folder to Google Drive. In fact, the steps are very easy to follow, you know.
Users can upload various types of files easily through this platform. For its own limitations, Google Drive provides 15 GB per account. Therefore, make sure that the size of the uploaded file is appropriate.
2 Ways to Upload Folders to Google Drive
Uploading folders to Google Drive will make your job easier. This cloud-based storage media has indeed become one of the most widely used. Besides being free, there is no need to doubt the quality because it is made by Google.
No wonder this application is widely relied on in the fields of education and work. Especially in the era of online learning as it is today. There are several ways that can be done to upload folders to Google Drive are as follows:
1. How to Upload Folder with Laptop
- Make sure you have Google account to start this way. If you don’t have one, please register a new account first.
- If you already have an account, go to the Google Drive page via the following link: http://drive.google.com.
- Gmail default account is only given capacity 15GB overall, then make sure the uploaded file is not excessive in size.
- Next, click the button New then Upload File.
- Find and enter the file in the location located on your PC/laptop.
- In this step, you can make the file downloadable by other users. Therefore, make the setting public.
- Right-click on the uploaded file in Google Drive.
- Next, click Share then
- choose Change Becomes Active Public on the Web.
- Save the changes.
If you followed the steps above correctly, you will find the file uploaded successfully. Not only that, anyone can download the uploaded file. However, basically users can also set access rights as needed.
The trick is to click on options Change. Through this option, you can change who can open the link. Then, please select the permissions for the file. This means that you can still leave it publicly accessible or only certain users are granted access permissions.
After setting the access rights, all you have to do is copy the link and then share it with others. That way, other people can open the file for saving or downloading.
Also Read: How to Log Out Gmail Account On Your Android
2. Using Android Phone
If you are not using a laptop, this method with an Android phone can also be an option. Not only that, the steps for uploading files are also as easy as using a laptop.
So, you can upload files to Google Drive anytime and anywhere. The steps that can be followed are as follows:
- Make sure your cellphone has the Google Drive application available. Basically, this application is available by default on most Android phones. If not, users can get it easily on Playstore.
- Open the app Google Drive, then click the icon plus (+) which is in the lower right corner.
- Next click
- Enter the file you want to upload by specifying the file location.
- Wait until the file upload process is complete.
Not much different from the method of using a laptop, Android users can also set access rights. So, please set yourself the file can be accessed by anyone. Next, hit share file link.
Set to anyone who can get the link according to your needs. Then, how do you know which link you want to share? The method is very easy, please click the three-dot icon that you want to set access to public.
After that, click Share link. Don’t forget to select an option Copy to clipboard to copy the file link. You can share the copied link with other users, so they can access the uploaded file.
How to upload a folder to Google Drive it is very easy to do. Whether you are using a laptop or cellphone, of course, these steps can be followed. Not only with the application, you can also access Google Drive through a browser.