You need to be familiar with virtual meetings. Since the pandemic, many activities have been replaced online, such as office meetings, teaching and learning activities (KBM), seminars and so on. Most of them are used to the new habit.
However, there are also some people who are still forced to work and carry out activities offline due to the limitations of the technological tools used for their work so that they inevitably have to volunteer to leave home in a very vulnerable situation for work who hold them.
Virtual meetings typically require tools such as laptops and webcams to improve the quality of meetings that are attended by large numbers of people, both customers and members of the company. Sometimes there are some people who have laptops too, but the webcam quality is very blurry and cracked.
An alternative is to connect a DSLR or mirrorless camera to a laptop or PC to use it as a webcam. If you have a DSLR or mirrorless camera, this can be a way out without having to buy a new laptop or webcam to take advantage of existing needs.
Also read: How to Use OBS Studio for Zoom and Google Meet
In this tutorial, we provide a solution for connecting a DSLR or mirrorless camera to a laptop or PC for use as a webcam in a virtual meeting.
- Using a laptop or PC
- Have a Canon DSLR or mirrorless camera (depending on the camera type listed on the website).
- Mini USB data cable for connecting Canon cameras to laptops or PCs (usually included with the camera)
EOS Webcam Utility and EOS Utility
1. First, download and install some of the following files
EOS Webcam Utility = Works as software to install webcam settings on a laptop or PC
EOS Utility = is used to track the camera connected to a laptop or PC
Remarks: To install the above two files, you need to find the installation file according to your camera type, search for the keyword “Canon”. * Your camera type * Drivers and Downloads’
Example keywords: ‘Canon EOS Rebel T6 Driver and Download’
Install according to the type of camera you have. You can also see a list of supported cameras on the website. In this article we will use the EOS Rebel T6 camera.
2. After the above two files are installed, connect your Canon camera with a mini USB data cable and you can go straight to your virtual meeting settings to change the camera settings to be used.
Virtual Zoom meeting
1. Open Zoom Meeting and create a meeting room
Also read: How to create an online meeting plan in the Zoom application
2. Then you can enter the Zoom Meeting camera settings, which are located next to the camera icon with an up arrow. Change the camera settings in ‘EOS Webcam Utility’
3. Congratulations, you can use the camera as a webcam in Zoom Meeting!
1. Open and enter the Google Meet link you created.
2. Go to the lower right corner with the three-dot icon – Camera Settings – change the setting to ‘EOS Webcam Utility’
3. Congratulations! You have successfully used the Canon camera’s webcam settings for Google Meet!
Warning: If the image is not displayed in the EOS Webcam Utility, you must first close the EOS Utility program as shown below.
This is a tutorial on using Canon cameras as webcam for virtual meetings so that you no longer have to worry about the quality of your video images in virtual meetings.