A passport is an important document that you must always carry with you whenever you want to travel abroad. If you don’t have it yet, then you should make a Passport first.
As is known, there are two types of passports based on the number of pages, namely 24 pages and 48 pages. Although the cost of manufacture differs, the validity period of the two types of passports remains the same, which is a maximum of 5 years.
Maybe a lot of people Indonesia who don’t understand how to renew passport when the validity period of the passport has expired.
But don’t worry guys, this time we will provide a solution on how to extend your passport.
Here’s How to Renew Passport Manually and Online
Well, before you know how to extend your passport, it’s a good idea to listen to the following information first:
- The passport can only be renewed if it has been entered less than 6 months before the expiration date, unless you want to change from a regular Passport to an e-Passport.
- When you want to extend your passport, you have to prepare a fee to extend the passport. The cost to be paid is Rp. 355,000, – for a regular 48-page passport and IDR 655,000,- for e-Passport.
Files to Renew Passport:
- Copy of KK (latest)
- Photocopy of ID card (if possible)
- Copy of Old Passport
- Photocopy of birth certificate/diploma
All files mentioned must be photocopied on A4 sheets without cutting. Don’t forget to bring the original file too.
Those are some things that must be considered when you want to renew your passport. Next, let’s discuss how to renew Passport manually and on line.
Also Read: Complete Passport Making Fees (Along With The Latest 2022 Prices)
How to Renew Passport Manually
If you want to renew your Passport manually, then you have to come directly to Immigration office closest, then you can follow the following tips.
- Wear polite and neat clothes (no need to be formal and don’t use t-shirts) and don’t be white (because the photo background that will be used is white).
- The Immigration Office usually opens at 07.00 in the morning. It’s a good idea to arrive early to get the first queue number.
- But before queuing, it’s good to take Form and Stamp first in the Cooperative at the Immigration office.
- You will be given a queue number on condition that the documents prepared are complete, and the applicant must be present when taking the queue number (cannot be represented).
- If your file is complete and you have been given a queue number, then you just have to wait for a call for an interview and photo session.
- During the interview session with the officer, answer the questions given clearly and accurately. Usually the officers just ask “Where do you want to go?“,”What’s the deal?“.
- If the interview and photo session is complete, then the officer will provide evidence for payment and file collection.
- As soon as possible you must make a payment at Bank closest on the same day.
- Then you just have to wait Passport so. Usually your passport will be finished within a week (you can ask the officer during the interview session).
- When your new passport is ready, it’s a good idea to pick it up after 1 pm to ensure that your passport is complete.
- Bring proof of passport collection and proof of payment when you want to collect a new passport.
That’s a series of ways to manually renew your passport where you have to come to the Immigration Office. Next, let’s discuss how to extend a passport in a On line.
Also Read: Complete Guide To Making Passports Online (Latest 2022)
How to Renew Passport Online
Actually the way that is often circulated on the internet is wrong. Because the Indonesian Immigration site no longer provides passport renewal services on line.
But don’t be disappointed guys, because you can still pick up queue tickets online. Come on, just take a look at the following method.
- Open the https://antrian.imigration.go.id/ site in your browser.
- Then you have to login first. If you don’t have an account yet, you can create one first through the “Registration“.
- Fill in the personal data as requested on the registration form. If so, select the button “save“.
- Then open the email that you entered in the registration form earlier. Use it to activate your account.
- If the account is already active, then you just need to log in by entering Username and Password.
- To make a queue application, select one of the nearest Immigration offices. Then tap on the button “For Application“.
- Then a pop-up will appear containing Date, Time, and Amount Applicant. Fill in what you want.
- Then you have to register by filling in the required data such as Queue Name, NIK, and Information. If so, select “Next“.
- You must ensure that the data entered is correct, if you are sure it is correct, select “Finish“.
- You will get a QR Code which will have to be given to the officer.
If the QR Code has been obtained, then you stay come to the Immigration Office related to the extension of the Passport.
The methods are the same as the manual, only when you come to the Immigration Office, you have to show the QR Code that you already have.
Don’t forget to bring the complete file to renew your old Passport.
If you think the above method is a waste of time, in fact you are wrong guys. Because currently every Immigration Office has progress, including:
- One Day Service work system, that means renewing the Passport can be completed within 1 day.
- Now, you can renew your passport at any Immigration office even if you are not domiciled in the same location as the Immigration office.
- As explained earlier, you can register online to avoid touts, so you can set your schedule himself for the interview and photo session.
Passport Registration via WhatsApp
Through the Directorate General of Immigration’s Twitter account, you can now register via WhatsApp to apply for a passport manually or online.
The Immigration Office numbers for each region are as follows:
Well, if you already know the WhatsApp numbers from several Immigration offices. Here’s how to register:
- Send a message to the Immigration Office number according to the format requested. Example of Central Jakarta Immigration office #Name#Birthday#Arrival Date: #Farhan#01051999#20092018.
- Next you will get a reply about the ‘Booking Code’ and the time you have to come to the Immigration Office.
- Use the Booking Code when coming to the relevant Immigration Office, and don’t forget to bring the required documents.
How to register via WhatsApp This cannot be used for processing lost or damaged Passports.
That’s how to renew Passport Online and Manually. If it is understood, it will be easier to do it yourself, rather than having to use ‘Service Brokers’. So, good luck with that!
Also Read Other Interesting Articles:
Do not forget to LIKE we are Facebook, Follow Twitter and Instagram TipsPintar.com. Plus, so you don’t miss interesting videos from us, don’t forget Subscribe YouTube Channel TipsPintar.com