OTG (On the way) is a tool for Smartphone like Android and iOS to open an external storage and other tools like Flash disk or hard disk, Mouse keyboard etc., the average person only knows that OTG only Flash disk only if it is for storage media, although with an OTG cable, you can open hard disk with any size.
How to open external hard drive on Android without root.
– External hard drive (The author uses a 2 TB WD Elements HDD).
Tutorial # 1 (How to Unlock)
1. First, download the Total Commander application.
2. Then download Microsoft exFAT / NTFS for USB from Paragon Software again.
3. When both applications are downloaded and installed, connect the OTG cable to the hard disk and your android will show a notification like the following and you Tap OK (If it doesn’t appear, please read the explanation at the end of the article).
4. Then you are Tap on button ASSEMBLY and click OPEN MINDED to open files in hard disk You (if the screen below does not appear, open the application manually Microsoft exFAT / NTFS that you downloaded earlier).
5. Then you are Tap on the folder Microsoft exFAT / NTFS for USB from Paragon Software, in this folder there is another folder that will take you to the files in the file hard disk She.
Tutorial # 2 (before removing the hard drive)
Before unplugging hard disk, it is strictly forbidden to unplug it immediately, you need to follow the tutorial below.
1. You open the app Microsoft exFAT / NTFS for USB from Paragon Software And you Tap on button UNASSEMBLED.
2. Then pull the OTG cable out of the Smartphone You and your hard drive.
When HDD is not recognized
If you connect OTG from HDD to Android and your HDD information is not recognized on Android, it is due to the power supply. exit from Android to the HDD is not optimal, so that the HDD cannot function completely. To fix this you need to use OTG Y Power, here is the picture.
This is the instruction to open it external hard drive on Android without root. Hope it’s useful.