TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) is a custom recovery that works for the installation, recreation Application system, delete, backup, restore and other. For a scraper, it is mandatory to install and use custom recovery like TWRP or CWM (ClockworkMod).
Basically everything is Android equipped system recovery but the functions are very limited, so Android users who want to modify their Android need to install it custom recovery to be more flexible. Here is a guide on how to install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi4i MIUI 7.
1. Download the Mi 4i Toolkit v4 software
Unzip the zip file with winrar or 7zip and then run the start.bat file
2. Enable USB debugging like:
- Enter settings
- via phone
- Tap several times in the MIUI version (later you will see a new menu, namely Developer Options)
- Enter settings
- Additional settings
- Check developer options USB debugging
3. Install the ADB driver on your computer ADB driver.
4. Connect the smartphone to the computer. If you see a pop-up message, check “always allow from this computer” and Tap OK.
5. Return to the Mi 4i toolkit software, select menu number 2. to install TWRP.
Follow the instructions and wait for the process to complete. Congratulations, your Android has successfully installed TWRP.
Update: If the process stops while writing waiting for devices Please continue by going to the Fastboot menu.
6th Disconnect or disconnect USB your cable but Do not close CMD start.bat.
7th Switch off or turn off your Mi4i first.
8. Enter the menu Fastboot manually press the button volume down + power until you see the Android picture Fastboot then release the button volume down + electricity.
9. plug in or plug in again USB cable to your Mi4i, the twrp installation process will be carried out. Complete.
How to enter TWRP: Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time or use the free Quickboot application on Google Play.
For other types of Android users, the installation method is the same, only the TWRP is different.