Every iOS user is familiar with the Find My Friends app. In 2022, Apple merged the Find My and Find My Friends apps into one and named them “Find My”. So what is Find My Friends?
What is “Find My Friends”?
Find My Friends is an app that allows you and your friends to share each other’s location. For example, if you’ve planned to watch a movie with some of your friends, you can share your location or not activate your location until you reach the theater and your friends can see where you are.
Find My Friends is easy to use and can be very helpful in many cases. But here is the problem.
Despite its usefulness, Find My Friends is viewed by some as an invasion of privacy. Where you can simply activate your location and see all your contacts where you are. In such a situation, what’s the solution to show a different location in Find My Friends so that people don’t know your real location.
Below are some solutions on how to create a fake location in the Find My Friends application.
Part 1. Make Find My Friends show different locations on iOS
In this section we explain how to display a different location or spoof the Find My Friends location on an iOS device.
1. iMyFone AnyTo [Paling Direkomendasikan]
iMyFone AnyTo is the most useful tool when you are looking for various location solutions in Find My Friends. This tool is a widely used tool for GPS spoofing in location based apps like Pokemon Go, Tinder, and more! And the best part is that iMyFone AnyTo works on all Apple devices – iPhone, iPad, etc.
As mentioned above, iMyFone AnyTo is the most recommended tool when you want to know how to view different locations in Find My Friends on iOS devices. Here are some key reasons:
- It is compatible with the latest iOS 14, and its manufacturers are constantly working to ensure that it supports the iOS or iPadOS version as soon as it launches.
- Aside from faking your location in real time, you can also view a route on a map to get around at a custom speed.
- You can also pause it anytime you want to restore your location.
- It can keep a history of all the virtual locations you have used, making it easier to change your location while using the tool.
1. Go to the official website and download iMyFone AnyTo on your Windows PC or Mac. Install and run. Click the “Start” button.
2. Connect your Apple device to your Windows PC or Mac using a USB cable. We recommend using the original USB cable. Unlock your Apple device and click “Trust this computer” to start the process.
3. The following screen shows your current location. Select the “Teleport” mode – located at number 3 in the top right of your screen. Enter the GPS coordinates or the desired location, select from the displayed list of locations and click the “Move” button.
You have successfully changed your location. This is how different locations are shown in Find My Friends. If you want to know whether or not your location has been changed, you can check it in the Find My Friends app.
FMFNotifier is another competitor that can display different locations in Find My Friends. This app works as a relocation app for Apple devices, but has the disadvantage that it is only available on Cydia – an app store alternative.
1. Open Cydia and click on “Resources”. Find the FMFNotifer package available in the BigBoss repository. Download and install the package.
2. Once FMFNotifier is installed, go to “Settings” and then to “FMFNotifier”. Turn on “Location Spoofer” and set your location anywhere.
How to use FMFNotifier to show different locations in Find My Friends. While FMFNotifier has some great features, the most obvious limitation is that you have to jailbreak your Apple device.
Remarks : FMFNotifier only works on jailbroken iPhones. So, if your Apple device is new or if you are not comfortable jailbreaking your iPhone, then this option should not be used.
Another solution to showing the fake location in Find My Friends is to use iTools. ThinkSky iTools is a widely used location spoofing tool.
1. Go to the official website. Download and install iTools on your Windows PC or Mac. Connect your Apple device with a USB cable. Click “Free Trial” to use this tool without paying.
2. Select “Virtual Location” from the list of options.
3. Enter the desired location and press “Enter”. When a virtual location is detected on the map, click “Move Here”.
iTools is chargeable, but a free trial only takes 24 hours. Only works on iOS 12 and older operating systems.
4. Use another iPhone / iPad
Did you know that you can fake your location in Find My Friends with another iPhone? the answer is of course you can!
1. Quit the Find My Friends app on your main iPhone.
2. Use your primary iPhone Apple ID to sign in to Find My Friends on the second iPhone.
Now you can leave your iPhone anywhere you want to show a fake location in Find My Friends. This is simple and can work when you want to show that you are at home or in a static location.
Remarks : Since you are not on the phone, you will not be able to reply when your friend text you in this app.
Part 2. Make Find My Friends show different locations on Android
So far, you’ve seen how to view different locations in Find My Friends on iOS devices. In this section you will see solutions on Android devices.
Using a location spoofer app on Android can work if you want to show a virtual location in the Find My Friends app. You will be using a very popular GPS spoofing app for Android called Fake GPS to show fake locations in Find My Friends.
1. Go to the Play Store and search for “Fake GPS Free” on your device. Download and install.
2. Open the app and click the Activate button that appears at the bottom of the screen. On the following screen, click on “Developer Settings”, go to “Pick a Fake Location App” and select “Find my GPS”.
3. Return to the Find My GPS app and find the location you want to move. Click the play icon at the bottom left of your screen to switch to a virtual location.
How to use fake GPS app to fake location on Find My Friends app. And you can turn off fake GPS if you want to go back to your current location.
Part 3. Uncheck the location in Find My Friends to hide the location
Another easy solution if you want to see a different location in Find My Friends is to turn off location tracking in the app. That’s how it’s done.
1. Open the “Find My Friends” app on your device.
2. Go to “Me” and uncheck “Share my location”. Click Save Changes”.
This will help you stay private and not show your location when someone tries to find your location using the Find My Friends app, but here is the answer.
Remarks : The Find My Friends app notifies your friends or family when they try to find your location that you turn off location sharing in the app.
Part 4. Frequently Asked Questions about “Finding My Friends”
1. Why is someone’s location not available in Find My Friends?
There are mutliple reasons for this:
- You have set the wrong date on your device.
- Your device is switched off or not connected to the network or WiFi.
- Your friend has disabled location services on their device or selected “Hide my location” in the Find My Friends app.
One reason for this is that the app is capturing incorrect GPS coordinates, which usually happens when you are in a building. In addition, someone can also use location fake to fake their location in the Find My Friends app.
Yes sir. Find My Friends can sometimes show the wrong location. For example, if a person is inside a building, it could indicate a location about half a mile from the actual location. The location is based on cellular / WiFi signals, so the Find My Friends app sometimes shows general location, not exact location.
We hope this article can help you choose the right solution to make Find My Friends show different places. While this app helps in many scenarios, it can invade your privacy, especially if you don’t want other people to be watching you. So what are you waiting for? Download the mentioned tool and view the fake location in the Find My Friends app.