As a chat application, WhatsApp is constantly updating its services to improve its use. This service update covers several aspects, including the security aspect. Since its appearance until now, WhatsApp has been equipped with several security functions, such as an end-to-end function that encrypts all messages and conversations, a two-stage verification function and a fingerprint function.
However, with cybercrime becoming more sophisticated, WhatsApp users can add another type of security, which is to lock WhatsApp using facial recognition. In fact, blocking WhatsApp with facial recognition is not a built-in feature of the WhatsApp application. Hence, users need to download an additional application called AppLock Face / Voice Recognition first.
AppLock face / speech recognition
The AppLock face / speech recognition application is nothing more than an application that locks other applications with your face and voice. Not only the WhatsApp chat application, the AppLock face / voice recognition application can be used in other applications as well.
Also read: How to get WhatsApp to read the name of the message sender
1. First, download the AppLock Face / Speech Recognition application for free from the Play Store. Once installed, just open the AppLock face / voice recognition application.
2. Before you begin, first provide a checklist I agree to the AppLock Terms and Conditions. Then click the button agree keep going.
3. Click the button begin to start registering faces and voices. This application offers three choices of key phrases that can be used, but users can also add their own key phrases by clicking the button Create your own unlock phrase.
4. Enter a keyword. The AppLock face / speech recognition application recommends creating keywords with 4 to 5 syllables. Click the check mark. Then click the button Jump to registration Register faces and voices directly.
5. Put your face on the camera and say the pre-generated keyword three times. The final step is to create an alternate key if the user cannot open it with their face and voice. There are three lock options, namely pattern, PIN and password. Choose a key.
6. Register an alternate key and click the check mark. Done, click the button Go to Android Settings to activate the AppLock face / speech recognition application on the respective device as well as in the WhatsApp application.
Using the face and voice lock features in the AppLock face / voice recognition application naturally makes the WhatsApp application and other applications more secure. So many tutorials above and hopefully useful.