Rooting the Nexus 5 is the same as rooting the Samsung Galaxy S5 and Note 3. The method is very simple by simply using an application called towelroot so we don’t have to use a desktop / laptop pc.
1. Activate and tick before installing applications from outside the Playstore “unknown sources” in Settings – Security – Device Administrators
2. Download and install towelroot.
3. Run the towelroot application.
4. Tap “Do It”.
5 Wait for the process to complete and restart it.
6. Install and update Supersu.
7. Install the root checker to find out whether it was successfully rooted or not. complete