Install and download GCam Redmi Note 8 – Google Camera or GCam is one of the most popular camera mods today. GCam produces better image quality than the standard camera. To install GCam, your smartphone must be activated via the Camera2 API.
This latest GCam or Google Camera mod for Redmi Note 8 runs on Android Pie and Android 10. This mod was developed by parrot043, one of the most popular developers for GCam mods. Almost all features work in this latest version of Google Camera APK (GCam) 7 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8.
One of the most popular features of GCam is astrophotography. This feature was introduced in Google Camera 7.0.009. On Redmi Note 8, this feature works well with this version of GCam as well as other features like HDR +, ZSL, Super Res Zoom, Night Vision, Slow Motion, Time Lapse, etc.
Features of Google Camera Redmi Note 8
Most of the Google Camera functions work fine on the Redmi Note 8. Here are some of the key features in the latest GCam.
- HDR +
- Super res zoom
- Night vision
- Slow motion
- time lapse
- Astrophotography function (GCam 7.0 and higher)
Download GCam Redmi Note 8
How to install GCam Redmi Note 8
To install apps from third-party apps other than the Play Store, you need to enable app installation from unknown sources on your Redmi Note 8 device.
For Android Oreo or Pie versions, enable the Install unknown apps option in the app where you are installing the Google Camera APK.
- Please download the latest Google Camera file from the link above.
- open minded arrangement → Apps & notifications → Open the app that was used to install the APK file (Chrome, Firefox or file manager, etc.) → Install unknown apps in the Advanced option → Activate the option Allow from this source.
- Please install the Google Camera APK file as usual and then give all permissions for camera, location, microphone and storage.
The astrophotography function is available in all ported versions of Google Camera 7.0 and higher. However, not all smartphones are compatible with GCam version 7.0. This feature is not activated by default on Redmi Note 8 with Google Camera 7.0.
So you have to do some settings to activate it. The following are the steps to activate the astrophotography function.
- Call up the menu settings and choose Progressive.
- Scroll down and enable the Use Astrophotography Mode option
- Close and reopen the GCam app and select night vision mode.
- Finally, swipe down to see the settings and put the focus on infinity and timer on 3-10 seconds.
So that was the download and how do I install Google Camera on Redmi Note 8, how easy is it to install? So this article, good luck and hopefully useful.