Betawi is one of the Indonesian ethnic groups who inhabit the Jakarta area. Yup, Indonesian city with the fastest internet. However, the Betawi tribe does not only inhabit the Jakarta area, now it has spread to areas of West Java such as Tangerang, Bogor, Bekasi and Banten.
The Betawi tribe is one of the tribes from Indonesia that produces many beautiful women. Not only that, the Betawi tribe has many cultures, such as Tanjidor and Ondel-Ondel. Betawi language is very attached to the residents of the city of Jakarta.
Even words from the Betawi language are included in the KBBI! What’s wrong? Come on, let’s see!
You Already Know? The following are words from the Betawi language that turn out to be in the KBBI!
It turns out that the Betawi language is often used as an Indonesian comedy film. Because it’s a funny language. Well, here are some words from the Betawi language that are in the KBBI!
1. Centong, meaning a stemmed cedok (similar to a dipper or sibur)
2. No, it means no
3. Congor, which means a long or advanced mouth or it can also be interpreted as a mouth only
Also Read: 9 Portraits of Jakarta Tempo Doeloe (Comfortable, Beautiful and Pollution Free)
4. Kayak, Meaning Like or As
5. Violate, which means a small mosque used for the Koran or prayer
6. Enyak, Meaning Mother or Mama (Usually a Close Call to Elderly People or Women)
Also Read: How to Monitor Transjakarta Bus Schedules Using Google Maps
7. Babe, which means father or father is usually a familiar call to elderly people or men)
8. Goceng, which means Rupiah currency is worth five thousand (Rp. 5,000,-)
9. Encang, which means brother’s call from mother or father
Also read: 5 trusted tours in Indonesia that can quickly meet your soul mate
10. Encing, which means a brother’s call from your mother or father
So, how are you smart? Which Betawi language have you spoken above? In your opinion, which Betawi languages do you think are not in the KBBI?
Don’t forget to share an article about the Betawi language word that turns out to be in this KBBI, so your friends can also know the meaning of the Betawi language word above
Other Interesting Articles!
Do not forget to LIKE we are Facebook, Follow Twitter and Instagram TipsPintar.com. Plus, so you don’t miss interesting videos from us, don’t forget Subscribe YouTube Channel TipsPintar.com